Trøffletang Risotto with Leek and Mushrooms
Dinner – Serves 4-5
1.25 litres vegetable stock
1 large leek, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoons olive oil
50 g butter
400 g risotto rice
250 ml dry white wine
350 g mushroom, cleaned and sliced
2 tsp trøffeltang
- Heat 25g of the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. As soon as it’s foaming, add the leeks and garlic a sprinkle of salt, lower the heat and sweat gently, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sliced mushroom with a sprinkle of salt and the trøffletang and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the stock to a low simmer in a pan; keep over a very low heat.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well, then add the wine. Increase the heat a little and let bubble until the liquid has evaporated.
- Start adding the hot stock, 1 ladle at a time. Stir often, adding more hot stock as it is absorbed. After about 25 minutes, the rice should be cooked, with just a hint of bite to it, and all the stock should be used.
- When the risotto is cooked, turn off the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the rest of the butter. Cover the pan and leave for a couple of minutes, then stir the melted butter on the surface in. Serve with grated parmesan or goat cheese and extra trøffletang on top.