1 cup oatmeal
2 cups of any seeds of your choice (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds, sesame seed, quinoa, etc or a mixture of them)
salt to taste
3 tsp Simply Seaweed
1 cup water
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put half of the mixture over one of the trays and spread evenly and thinly. You can use the back of a spatula, or lay baking parchment or plastic wrap over the top of the mixture, pressing down and spreading to get an even thickness.
- Score the unbaked knekkebrød with a knife or pizza-cutter to make breaking it up after baking easier.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30-35 minutes, keeping an eye on them and rotating the trays if needed.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and allow it to cool until it is easy to handle.
- Break into pieces.
Seaweed Salt Pretzel Bites
250 ml warm water
20 g fresh yeast (or equivalent dried yeast) 375 g flour
¾ tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp Simply Seaweed
4 tbsp soft butter
2 l water
4 tbsp baking soda
Seaweed salt to sprinkle
- Whisk the yeast into the warm water. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, stir together the rest of the dough ingredients.
- Add the yeast mixture to the bowl, and mix until it forms a dough. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it is smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled large bowl and turn over to coat with oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a draft-free place at room temperature until doubled (2 to 3 hours).
- Punch down dough and divide into quarters. Roll each quarter into a long snake. Cut each snake into 12-14 pieces, roll each piece into balls.
- Heat oven to 230°C. Oil 2 large baking sheets.
- In a saucepan, bring water and baking soda to a boil (mixture will be foamy at first, but foam will dissipate). In batches add pretzel bites and cook 30 seconds, then transfer with a slotted spoon to baking sheets. Quickly sprinkle with seaweed salt before they dry.
- Bake in oven, 8 to 10 minutes (watch closely toward end of baking; bites brown quickly in last few minutes).
2 tablespoons Simply Seaweed
1 tablespoon capers
3 tablespoons chopped pickled cucumbers
1 small red onion
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon seasame oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Soak the Simply Seaweed in water for ten minutes.
- Finely chop the capers, pickled cucumbers, onion and garlic.
- Strain the seaweed and mix them with all the other ingredients.